The Children’s Director is a full-time salaried position whose primary responsibility will be the oversight of the children’s ministries of Tucson Baptist Church.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(3)b retirement with matching funds available
- HSA health insurance plan with matching funds available
- Two weeks of PTO
- Must have a clear, concise and definite salvation testimony.
- Must have experienced believer’s baptism in a church of like faith and order.
- Must have evidence of daily, personal devotions – Bible reading, study and prayer.
- Must be in full agreement with the Tucson Baptist Church Statement of Faith.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in a formal education setting.
- Preference will be given to those with managerial or supervisory experience.
- Oversee, schedule and staff the four nurseries for all services. This includes recruiting and onboarding new volunteers.
- Oversee, schedule, and staff Kid Planet classes on Sunday mornings. This includes overseeing the effectiveness of the teachers.
- Oversee, schedule, and staff Kid Planet class on Wednesday evenings during the summer.
- Ensure appropriate security policies and protocols are adapted and followed each week for child check-in.
- Develop an engaging Sunday morning program that reaches each child on their level.
- Act as the point person and partner for communication with parents.
- Train and develop a team of volunteers to be involved in the spiritual formation of our children’s lives.
- Research and decide on the most effective programs to impact the children.
- Plan diaper showers and Meal Train for expectant mothers.
- Coordinate with secretaries on baby dedications.
- Assist the Student Ministries Pastor in the planning and execution of VBS in 2023. Assume all responsibilities in 2024.
- Assist the Student Ministries Pastor in overseeing Junior Camp in 2023. Assume all responsibilities in 2024.
- You will be given the Policies and Procedures Manual prior to employment. It is very important that you read and understand your responsibilities.