A Christian who will not serve is useless both to God and those who are in need.
We are not saved by works; but works authenticate our salvation. Faith and works go together like inhaling and exhaling. We inhale the truth of the gospel and we exhale good works.
World-class Christians are sensitive to the needs of other believers. Note three truths about being sensitive to others.
1. Know that there are many needy brothers. Sure, there are Christians who need clothes and food. We must be ready to generously help them.
However, in our culture there are many other needs among God’s people. Every Sunday needy Christian people walk into the TBC auditorium. Let me give you a short list of some of their basic needs.
- people who care enough to get to know them.
- people who will pray for them.
- people who will teach.
- people who will counsel.
- people who care enough to disciple them.
- people who will give money to the ministry.
- people who will love them.