When you study Jesus’ life, notice He is never in a hurry. Never in a hurry. One time He had a best friend, Lazarus, get sick. He is about five to six miles away in another town. The family said, “Jesus, hurry over here so You can heal him and make him better.” It takes Jesus three days to get there – five or six miles, walking. Why? He was not in any hurry. He knew God’s plan. God did not just want to heal a sick man. He wanted to raise a dead man back to life. He had a bigger miracle in mind so He was not in any hurry. Can you imagine the laughter and tears after Jesus raises His friend from the dead?
Medical research confirms today’s verse. There are positive chemical changes that happen in your body when you laugh. When you laugh, it produces T cells. T cells increase your immunity. It produces endorphins, which are nature’s painkillers. There are all kinds of positive benefits when you laugh.
So today, to improve your health, I thought I would share some church bulletin bloopers – actual misprints in church bulletins.
- For those who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- Potluck supper next Saturday. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Today’s sermon, “How much can a person drink?” with hymns from a full choir.
- Don’t let worry kill you off. Let the church help.
- The low self-esteem support group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.
Did you know that your entire muscular system relaxes when you laugh?