We have already noted that uncaring people are often too inflated and too impetuous. Today…
#3 Uncaring people are too ISOLATED
People in church are often masters at this. We separate ourselves from others by adding layers of protection so that the “real us” is never seen. We, especially as men, make small talk and speak superficially because we are afraid of getting involved with others.
Someone once wrote “Ten Commandments for Men.”
1) He shall never cry.
2) He shall not display weakness.
3) He shall not need affection, gentleness or warmth.
4) He shall comfort but not desire comforting.
5) He shall be needed but never need others.
6) He shall touch but not be touched.
7) He shall be steel not flesh.
8) He shall be invulnerable in his manhood.
9) He shall never let them see him sweat.
10) He shall always stand alone.
There really is no joy or honor in isolating yourself from others. God created us for fellowship and we violate His Word when we show this uncaring attribute.