From our ongoing story in John 4, I also learn from Jesus that…
1) It wasn’t enough to win the woman, He wanted the city.
2) It wasn’t enough to be born of a virgin, He lived sinlessly.
3) It wasn’t enough to have a sinless life, He died vicariously.
4) It wasn’t enough to die; He rose from the grave.
5) It wasn’t enough to rise again, He ascended to heaven.
6) It wasn’t enough to ascend, He SAT DOWN at God’s right hand.
In verse 35, He points to the coming Samaritans and says lift up your eyes and look on the fields, for they are white already to harvest! As they looked up they saw a large part of the population of Sychar walking up the road toward them.
There is a great lesson for Tucson Baptist – unsaved people are not going to come unless they are invited! The significance is that the Samaritan woman went and invited – she had a changed testimony and invited people to come to meet Jesus.
Jesus tells the disciples that they are about to have an evangelism class. They will not reap for that which they have not labored. We will not reap if we do not accept those divine appointments.